Friday, March 1, 2013

Time with Cynthia: Creaming/Frosting a round cake

This has been highly requested so as I had some free time after sending the Pandan Sponge Cake for the Pandan Kaya Cake I was baking for mum's birthday into the oven, I decided to do up a video tutorial for creaming/frosting of round cake. So with this, I'm introducing Time with Cynthia! (: Hopefully, I'll be able to do more video guides that will help you master some of the techniques I've been using. 

So for this creaming of cake, I used a dummy cake.

In order to have this cake done, I whipped up some non-dairy whipping cream from Phoon Huat and tinted it light pink. You should be able to get a smooth cake like this with practice.


Click on for the video! (:




Do leave a comment or drop me an email if you'd enjoyed these videos and would love to see more of it.. Till then, tata! (:




I'd love to see the bakes or stuff you've cooked using the blog's recipe! Do share photos of stuff you've baked or cooked using the blog's recipe with me either via FB message to http://facebook.com/limcynthia OR http://facebook.com/thebakingbiatch OR via email at cynthia.lim.hl@gmail.com! I look forward to hearing from you! (: 

17 comments:

  1. Hi Cynthia, how come the whipping cream won't melt? Mine melts :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shannon!

      Did you use non-dairy whipping cream?
      Also, the cake needs refrigeration.. was yours left in room temperature?

      Regards,
      Cynthia

      Delete
  2. Ah... I did not use non-dairy whipping cream. I used the embro brand cream :( And again, I did not refrigerate my cake =_=.... After did more reading in your blog, I knew what is my mistakes :) thks so much for the wonderful blog and tips! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Dairy whipping creams dont have much holding power (: oh please refrigerate any cakes that have got cream or cream cheese! esp with our humidity!

      No prob! Glad you like it! Thanks for the encouragement!

      Love,
      Cynthia

      Delete
  3. Hi Cynthia, please recommend others brand of non dairy whipping cream that have much holding power beside using phoon huat in hse brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!

      Pour & whip and Toppin' Pride are both fairly decent non-dairy whipping creams. Non-dairy whipping creams are easier to work with and have more holding power. Dairy whipping creams are tougher to work with.

      Bulla Brand thickened cream can be used but it's not easy to work with (:

      Regards,
      Cynthia

      Delete
    2. How about emborg whipping cream? Which category does it fall under. Daily or non daily? All those whipping cream place in supermarket did not indicate. How to take note for future purchases. Pls advise.
      Regards

      Delete
    3. that's dairy.

      Non-dairy there's only a few like toppin' pride, pour & whip and PH's in-house brand

      Delete
  4. Phoon Huat hse brand whipping cream is it the same as "Red Man Whip Topping" ?
    It comes in a one litre carton box. How much is needed to frost a 3 layers 7" cake and how to store the balance and how long can it be stored ?

    Thank you.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. I've used red man non dairy for cake frosting but it didn't stable like it should . After stiff peaks again it got the soft form. What could be the reason. Please help

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. I've used red man non dairy for cake frosting but it didn't stable like it should . After stiff peaks again it got the soft form. What could be the reason. Please help

    ReplyDelete
  7. 7" is small for me. Should I double of the ingredients if I want make 10"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry... this is just a tutorial. There's no quantity of any sort here eh

      Delete
  8. Hi Cynthia, do you know if the cake would hold enough for transportation and will hold up in an air-conditioned room or it requires refrigeration till it's used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Theresa,

      Are you referring to fresh cream cakes?
      That would need refrigeration.

      Delete
  9. dear Cynthia.
    would u use non-dairy whipping cream as a filling for a fondant cake ?
    also, would u use this to make choc ganache ?
    tks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...