Sunday, June 3, 2012

Happy Call Pan Grilled Singapore Satay

This has been the craze in Munch Ministry for a while and I bought 2 packets of the premix as soon as I found it! This dish is simple to prepare and the taste is just OUT OF THIS WORLD. I used chicken thighs for this Happy Call Pan Grilled Singapore Satay and it was so tender. The gravy was also so good that kakak and I wanted to keep it for lunch the following day! This takes about 1 hour to prepare and cook but I allowed the meat to marinate for 4 hours instead of the recommended 6 hours. 


Happy Call Pan Grilled Singapore Satay Recipe
This recipe yields 14 sticks of chicken satay
Ingredients:

1 box of Prima Taste Singapore Satay Mix
4 - 5 pieces of chicken thighs
1 tbsp oil
Some peanut mix




Steps:
I used 2 chicken legs leftover from my Ten Tonics Nourishment Soup and 1 chicken thigh.

Remove the skin of the chicken thighs and slice into strips. 

3 sachets of sauce in the box!

Use the satay mix to marinate the chicken.

Mix well!

Wrap the bowl with food wrap. Allow the chicken to marinate for 4 - 6 hours in the chiller.

All marinated! (:

Skewer the chicken meat onto satay sticks. I had about 14 sticks.

Preheat the Happy Call Pan with Medium-High heat and add 1 tsp of oil. Place the chicken satay on the Happy Call Pan in rows. Close the Happy Call Pan and cook for 3 minutes.

Using either a pair of chopsticks or your bare hand (If you've got a good tolerance of heat) to turn to chicken satay over. Cook for another 3 minutes or till chicken is cooked. 

Empty the contents of the gravy mix into a pot with 150ml of water.

Allow mixture to boil and add 1 tsp of oil. The recipe called for much more oil but I reduced it.. besides, who likes the oily layer of oil on satay gravy? 

Add in the peanut mix. Stir well.

You should get something like this!

Scoop into a bowl and add some peanut mix (I used the one for Muah Chee) for extra taste!

Serve and enjoy! You can add ketupat, onions and cucumber for a more authentic 'Satay experience'! 
Did I mention how much I love my Hello Kitty 2 tier serving dish? XD


I'd love to see the bakes or stuff you've cooked using the blog's recipe! Do share photos of stuff you've baked or cooked using the blog's recipe with me either via FB message to http://facebook.com/limcynthia OR http://facebook.com/thebakingbiatch OR via email at cynthia.lim.hl@gmail.com! I look forward to hearing from you! (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...