Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Shi Quan Da Bu Tang (Ten Tonics Nourishment Soup)


I just love to drink Shi Quan Da Bu Tang (Ten Tonics Nourishment Soup). I'll always bug my mum to have my maid boil this cos it's my favourite herbal soup.. However, I'm the only one who loves this soup this madly in my family. I decided to try cooking it myself and I found it almost effortless to prepare! Well of course, the pre-mix helped a lot! This costs about 10 bucks and 3 hours to cook. 


Shi Quan Da Bu Tang (Ten Tonics Nourishment Soup) Recipe
Ingredients:

One pack of Shi Quan Da Bu Tang (Ten Tonics Nourishment Soup) pre-mix
2 litres of water
1 spring chicken (I did not use the entire chicken)
Some salt



Steps:

The pre-mix and the spring chicken! 
Wash the spring chicken and chop up the parts. As my family doesn't eat the chicken, I kept the chicken thighs for my satay dish. (: The bones etc are good enough to give the soup taste!

These are the dried herbs. Give it a quick rinse. 

When the water has boiled, add in the herbs.
Add in the chicken and boil on high heat for 10 minutes.
After which, bring down to medium heat and boil for 2 - 3 hours.
Do scoop out and discard the chicken oil that will surface.
Season with a lil' salt. 
Serve hot!

The soup!

My cute bowl! (:

I really loved this soup.. so much so that I wanna serve it during my wedding dinner in place of Shark's Fin Soup. XD


I'd love to see the bakes or stuff you've cooked using the blog's recipe! Do share photos of stuff you've baked or cooked using the blog's recipe with me either via FB message to http://facebook.com/limcynthia OR http://facebook.com/thebakingbiatch OR via email at cynthia.lim.hl@gmail.com! I look forward to hearing from you! (: 



2 comments:

  1. where can I buy Shi Quan Da Bu Tang soup mix online?
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry, i couldnt find any online.. maybe you can try any chinese herbal shops near you?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...