Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Miso Clam Soup

This Miso Clam Soup is a relatively simple dish I got inspired by when I was shopping at Daiso. Indeed, Daiso is one of my favourite haunts. This soup is relatively cheap as 8 sachets of miso soup paste cost me $2 and a pack of clams was just two bucks!
This soup takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and I prepared soup portion for 4.


Miso Clam Soup Recipe
Ingredients:

4 packets of Miso Soup Paste
1 packet of white clams (I got mine from Cold Storage)
Salt


Steps:

The ingredients!

Soak the clams in salt water for 20 minutes to allow the clams to 'spit' out the salt.

Steam the clams in a clean dry bowl so that you can save the clam juice for later on.
Steam for 5 minutes or till most of the clams have opened up.

The beautiful clams! They're so affordable that I'm so tempted to use them for other dishes!
Set the clams in a bowl.. I love my pretty glass bowls from Ikea!

Add a sachet of paste to a mixture of 30ml clam juice and 170ml hot water and the clams.
Add more hot water if the soup is too salty for your liking.
Stir well before serving.

This soup is simple and best served hot! (:
Cheap and simple.. what's there not to like? 


I'd love to see the bakes or stuff you've cooked using the blog's recipe! Do share photos of stuff you've baked or cooked using the blog's recipe with me either via FB message to http://facebook.com/limcynthia OR http://facebook.com/thebakingbiatch OR via email at cynthia.lim.hl@gmail.com! I look forward to hearing from you! (: 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...